TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT LIMITED
This position performs all types of industrial welding work and prepares various surfaces for welding by grinding, washing, or other means as necessary. The job description is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
• Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications
• Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
• Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
• Remove rough spots from materials, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
Attributes we seek:
• Secondary school diploma or GED
• CWB tickets – Certified Welder – valid or previous obtained
• A minimum 3 years experience as a certified welder in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of the safe operation of hoist, ladders, lifts, cranes and other various equipment used in welding
• Must be able to interpret engineering drawings and weld symbols
• Willing to work shifts and overtime
This is a full time, permanent job.